Science is an extension of everyone's natural curiosity and permeates our lives. Science has had a profound influence on human history and has implications for both positive and negative influence on the future. Therefore, the CSTA seeks to:
- Promote and support all aspects of effective science teaching, including new technologies and instructional strategies;
- Encourage the natural curiosity of learners at all levels;
- Increase scientific literacy and the application of science to everyday life;
- Promote science as a vehicle for lifelong learning for all citizens;
- Assume a leadership role in advocating for science education and creating an understanding of the value of science.