MEMBERSHIP DUES REDUCED:
LIMITED TIME ONLY!
Enjoy a full year of CASE membership with our limited time reduced prices! This special offer ends October 31!
Resources available for distance learning and enrichment
Using Sustainable Agriculture as a theme for one day, we would like to recommend the following resources to meet all K-12 teacher’s needs, introducing them to California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom’s FREE teaching resources.
- Fun with the Plant Nutrient Team: For K-3 teachers that provides lessons and handouts written to help students better understand what soil needs to be healthy in order to produce healthy foods.
- 15th Edition of What’s Growin’ On?: Agriculture and the Environment: An annually produced interactive student newspaper for 3-8 grade students to learn about the sustainable practices farmers and ranchers practice daily to produce a continuous bountiful crop. Teachers: check out the Extra! Extra! Classroom Extensions for this newspaper edition!
- STEM Connections, Energy and Agriculture – Careers in Sustainable Energy (9-12): This unit plan contains five lessons that help 9-12 students develop STEM abilities while fostering an appreciation for energy and its importance to food production.
San Diego Zoo and Safari Park
Resources for students in distance learning environments at home or in your classrooms.
- Live Wildlife Cams- online visitors to SanDiegoZoo.org can check in on their favorite animals and enjoy daily updates from the San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
- San Diego Zoo Global’s #WereHereTogether - provides a wealth of supplemental curriculum on wildlife and habitats, with engaging content for students K–12, animal care professionals, educators, parents and fans alike, including:
- K–5 Students: Youngsters can jump right into the world of wildlife with San Diego Zoo Kids video stories, hands-on activities and games, with links to live wildlife cams and information about how to be a superhero to help save species.
- Middle School and High School Students: Dig into science on the San Diego Zoo Institute for Conservation Research Science Blog.
- San Diego Zoo Global Academy: (13 and up) As part of San Diego Zoo Global’s effort to support the community during the ongoing pandemic, middle and high school teachers and students can gain access to 22 free, self-paced online courses covering a variety of taxonomic groups and individual animal species.