Registration Now Open for Open Educational Resources for Biotechnology Labs
The Orange County Biotechnology Education Collaborative invites all college, high school and middle school educators interested in teaching hands-on Biotechnology laboratory activities. This virtual session will showcase the "Introduction to Biotechnology Lab Manual" that is available for free adoption on Libretext. Besides introducing the 21 student lab activities, we will also highlight other free online Biotech curriculum resources and the instructor's manual with suggested reagent supply sources.
Open Educational Resources for Biotechnology Labs
Date: Wednesday, April 5, 202
Time: 4:30 pm - 5:45 pm
Cost: FREE for CASE members; $10 for nonmembers (non-refundable)
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
CASE Teacher Collab for Science:
Join us for an interactive collaboration session to share resources and network!
Choose from a variety of discussion topics when you register, such as:
- Best Practices for Differentiated Classrooms
- Equitable Grading Practices
- Integrating Computational Thinking Lessons
- Strategies to Get Hesitant Students Talking
- Supporting Special Populations
- The EP&C’s and Environmental Literacy
- Writing 3D Assessments
- or suggest your own
In addition, bring your “best of” to share with others in a speed round of resources lessons (topic to be shared prior to meeting). Be willing to share your contact, grade level/content area, and why you love this resource or lesson!
CASE Teacher Collab!
Date: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Time: 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Cost: Registration Fee: Free for CASE Members; $10 for Nonmembers* (non-refundable)
*First time = Free if you attend with a CASE member!
Calling all science education leaders: TOSAs, teacher/site leaders, department chairs and more! Join us for a virtual interactive networking session!
Join CASE for Networking for Science. Choose from a variety of discussion topics when you register.
How to support your district/site with NGSS implementation
- Professional Development - support with planning, facilitation, guest speakers (work with surrounding districts
- Funding sources available within the district and outside
- Communicating with administration and teachers
- Integration of Science with ELA/ELD + other subjects
- Growing your own leadership skills
- New Science Teacher Support
- Other (topics suggested by registrant – this will be a fillable entry box)FEEL FREE TO SHARE THE EVENT FLYER WITH YOUR TEACHERS, STAFF, COLLEAGUES AND FRIENDS!
Networking for Science
Date: Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Time: 9:30 am - 10:30 am