Nominations for Election to Board of Directors of CASE, 2021-2023 Term
The nomination submission period is NOW OPEN for the following positions:
- Region 1 Director
- Region 3 Director
- Primary Director
- Middle School/Junior high School Director
- 2-Year College Director
- Informal Science Director
BOD NOMINATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 5, 2021
Directors serve a two-year term beginning July 1 through June 30.
All current members of CASE are encouraged to participate in the nomination process.
Only complete nomination packets will be considered. Required information and documents:
- Completed Declaration of Candidacy Form
- Your experience with CASE and your teaching and professional experience.
- Candidate Statement (used in ballot)
- Your Science Education Philosophy (Please address your philosophy of science education, science teaching, and the role of science education in society.) - 100 words maximum
- Your Philosophy and Vision for CASE (Please address your philosophy about CASE, its mission and goals, its role in the education community, and your vision for the association.) - 100 words maximum
- A brief biography including your professional role, accomplishments, or other, written in the third person. - 100 words maximum.
- Two Letters of Recommendation from CASE members (you may contact CASE at 916.979.7004 or to verify membership of any individual)
- Head & Shoulders Photo (optional - for use with ballot)
CASE Nominations Committee, endorsing your candidacy for office.
If you are unsure whether or not an individual from whom you will be requesting an endorsement letter is a member of CASE, you may call the CASE office for that information. The letters should address, insofar as possible, how you meet the Qualifications for Office.
Nominations will be evaluated by the Nominations Committee, which will select up to two final candidates for each vacant position. Nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria:
Professional Characteristics: Be a science educator and a member in good standing of CASE; demonstrate a commitment to the improvement of effective science teaching; have a knowledge of the issues facing science education in the state; demonstrate involvement and scholarship in science education; demonstrate knowledge of CASE and a commitment to its vision and goals; be able to communicate effectively and be a visible spokesperson and strong advocate for CASE positions; represent the interests and concerns of the members of CASE. Nominees will be expected to be able to fulfill the duties as described in position descriptions for directors. Directors representing a particular grade level should have adequate experience at that grade level. The Informal Science Education Director must have adequate experience in an organization or institution which conducts science education but is not a school. Regional Directors must reside or work in the region to which they are being elected.
Personal Characteristics: Possess strong
leadership skills; possess a high energy level; demonstrate
a willingness to make the necessary time commitment to hold
a critical leadership position in the association; possess
integrity, poise, adaptability, flexibility, a sense of humor,
and an appreciation and respect for diversity; possess the
ability to create a team effort, build consensus, motivate
and involve others, and delegate authority.