Join now and receive more content, support and networking opportunities!
- 1-year membership: $30
- New/Teacher: $20
- Retired Educators: $20
- Preservice Teachers: $10
CASE...Where California Science Teachers Connect
Join Us in Delivering High Quality Science Education in California
You Are Invited to Join with Other California Science Teachers To:
- Keep Updated on NGSS Implementation
- Gather at the Annual Conference
- Enhance Your Knowledge & Skills
- Share Teaching Tools & Resources
- Influence State Education Policy
Use one of the options on the right to join online. To pay by check or purchase order, please contact.
As the advocate for high-quality science education in California for more than 50 years, the California Association of Science Educators (CASE) offers networking, professional development, and advocacy to ensure state policies and legislation support you in inspiring your students. Join our community of more than 2,000 K-6, middle school, and high school science teachers, college faculty, and educators.
Stay Current on NGSS
Rely on CASE to keep you informed of the latest developments on Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and Common Core implementation. Through the annual conference, updates on hot issues, newsletter and website resources, CASE will help you understand the new requirements and provide beneficial ideas and strategies recommended by science teachers.
CASE will keep you abreast of new standards and provide useful information to help you adapt your teaching.
Network at the California Science Education Conference
Your CASE membership enables you to attend CASE's annual professional development conference at a discounted rate. This is the ideal place to discuss changes impacting California science teachers, and learn new methods to enhance your curriculum.
Become a Presenter
Members are encouraged to submit presentation proposals to share best practices, experiences, and ideas at the annual conference. Presenters gain additional registration discounts.
Discover Best Practices & Resources
New as well as experienced teachers appreciate CASE's range of resources:
- Connect with other science teachers regionally and state-wide
- Enhance your teaching and knowledge of science
- Gather information about best practices through networking
- Attend regional and statewide professional development seminars
- Become a mentor to support new teachers
- Gain leadership skills by joining the CASE board and committees
Find Useful Teaching Tools
Be inspired and get critical information quickly on CASE’s two robust websites.
On www.cascience.org, you’ll find the most current information on NGSS for California, job openings, links to free and low cost teaching resources, conference information, and member-only resources.
Go to www.classroomscience.org to learn how other teachers are adapting their curriculum in response to NGSS and Common Core as well as other classroom tips. You’ll also find:
- Calendar of events (which can be filtered by region)
- Science education news and free classroom tools
- California legislative and policy updates
- Award applications for you and your students
Impact Education Policy Decisions
You have a voice in Sacramento through CASE. As the advocate for high-quality science education in California for more than 50 years, the California Association of Science Educators has influenced state education policies and assures that science teachers’ views are represented.
Benefits of Membership
Join with other teachers who share your passion for science, want to inspire their students, and have realized the benefits of an association advocating their interests at the state level.
Your Annual Membership Lets You:
- Advocacy for Science Education
- Access to Member Community Portal
- Community Forums
- Access to Webinars/Videos/CASE sponsored Professional Development Resources
- Access to CASE Goods Store (purchase CASE T-shirts, sweatshirts, bags and more!)
- Discount Registration to CASE sponsored events (California Science Education Conference and CASE hosted webinars, trainings and seminars)
- Communications and updates on topics of importance to science education
- Networking opportunities
- Invitation to CASE Member Community Exclusive events
- Invitation to vote in CASE Board Elections
- Opportunity to serve on CASE committees, board and in other leadership positions
Chapter Members ($50 value)
Any organization or institution interested in advancing and supporting the purposes, goals and objectives of CASE may join CASE as a non-voting Chapter member. A Chapter member organization is a dues-paying organization whose roots and allegiances are to promoting science education in California. A Chapter member is entitled to the following benefits of membership:
- May publicize events in the on-line event calendar
- Side-column ad for up to two months on CASE website. Chapter would be responsible for providing the side-column ad in a publication ready format.
- May receive up to three times per year a mailing list in an Excel (.xls) format of all CASE members in its region or within the zip codes which it serves who have not opted-out of having their information shared.
- May set up a table at CASE conferences to recruit members, at no cost to the Chapter. Location of the table to be at the discretion of CASE.
- Other benefits as from time to time may be determined by the CASE Board of Directors.
Current Members: Get three, get one free
Current CASE members who bring in three new members will get their following year's membership free! Introduce your colleagues to the benefits of belonging to their professional organization and get a year's free membership in the bargain. Send in memberships for three individuals who are not and have not been CASE members for at least three years; new memberships must be submitted at the same time.
- 1-Year Membership
- 1-Year Membership ($60 value)
- Enjoy a full year of CASE membership
- New Teacher
- New Teacher Membership ($35 value)
- For teachers in their 1st or 2nd year of Teaching
- Retired Teacher
- Retired Teacher Membership ($40 value)
- Thank you for your service and continued support!
- Preservice Teacher
- Preservice Teacher ($35 value)
- Preservice - Available only to undergraduate and credential students.